1.24.5 Editing Alignment Sequences
- The DNA template sequence in a project with alignments can be edited as usual, however the ClustalW alignment will not be re-run.
Editing the Alignment Sequences
Aligned sequences can only be edited via right click menus in the following ways:
- If an addition exists in the aligned sequence, either select “Add to template” or “Delete from alignment” (Figure 184.108.40.206).
- If a gap exists in the aligned sequence, either select “Add from template” or “Delete from template” (Figure 220.127.116.11).
Manual Trimming (coming soon)
Sequences can be manually trimmed using the right click drop down menu:
- Trim to.. “Selection” inverts the selection and dulls out the sequence surrounding the selection
- Trim to..”Start” trims and dulls out the sequence up to the left of the caret
- Trim to..”End” trims and dulls out sequence up to the right of the caret
Once the sequence has been trimmed there is a trimming caret which can be dragged back and forth to trim the sequence manually.
If the sequence is on the reverse strand then trimming options work in the reverse.