1.5.11 Linearize and Circularize
- It is possible to linearize or circularize your DNA sequence.
How to change the topology from Linear > Circular
If the topology of the project is linear, a notification will appear at the top of the "Circular" view panel informing you that the project topology is linear and to click on the notification to change it to a circular topology (Figure 188.8.131.52).
This will open up the "More Properties" tab, where you can change the topology from linear to circular by toggling the topology option under the "Project properties" as indicated in Figure 184.108.40.206.
How to change the topology from Circular > Linear
If the topology of the project is circular, you can linearize it by:
- Toggling back to the linear option under the "Project Properties" (Figure 220.127.116.11).
- Navigate to the "Tools" menu in the menu bar and select "Linearize project" (Figure 18.104.22.168).
- Or right click anywhere in the project sequence and select "Linearize project" from the dropdown menu (Figure 22.214.171.124).
These actions will invoke the "Linearize project" dialog (Figure 126.96.36.199):
- From this dialog you can enter a nucleotide coordinate or place your caret on the nucleotide in the project sequence and then choose "set from selection" and then select "Linearize!"
- This action will linearize your project sequence at your specified nucleotide and set that coordinate as the new zero of the project sequence.