1.20.1 Creating and Opening Your Primer Libraries
Create Your Own Primer Library
You can create your own Primer Library by:
Clicking on the "New Folder" icon in the Materials box and then selecting "Primer Library" (Figure 22.214.171.124).
Right clicking in the grey area in the Materials box and selecting "New Primer Library."
Or by selecting "New Primer Library" through the File Menu.
- A new Primer Library folder will appear in the Materials box and then you will be able to Rename the folder by right clicking (Figure 126.96.36.199).
Double click on the primer library folder to open up the Primer Library.
Using the Primer Library
The Primer Library opens as a new "Primer Library" tab and contains the following information about primers (Figure 188.8.131.52):
- Primer Name
- Primer sequence
- Overhang sequence
- % GC
- Modified: Last date it was modified and by which user
- In inventory: An option for you to mark whether you have the primer "In Inventory" or not. By default the "In Inventory" will appear as a "No" but you can switch this to a "Yes" if this primer is present in your storage.
Sharing Primer Libraries
- Primer Libraries can be shared just like regular folders.
- You can easily share your Primer Libraries by right clicking on the Primer Library in the Material box and clicking either "Settings" or "Share" (see section 1.10 for more details on sharing folders).
- Primer Libraries can also be shared by clicking on the "Share" icon along the top of the Primer Library.