1.4.5 Importing Primers
Please see the tutorial video below on "Importing Primers" for additional support:
This feature allows you to import primers to a Primary Library without initially adding them to a project. Instructions on how to import primers is also covered in section 1.20.2.
After they are imported into a Primer Library you can then attach them to your project (see section 1.20.3 for how to attach primers).
You can import primers to a Primer Library by:
The "Import" button in the Materials box.
Selecting "Import Primer" through the File Menu --> Import (Figure 184.108.40.206).
Right click on a Primer Library folder in the Materials box and select "Import".
Or directly in a Primer Library by selecting the "Import" icon.
- The “Import Primers to Library” dialog box will then open (Figure 220.127.116.11).
- You first need to choose a file from your computer to import. The file formats supported for importing primers are:
- Vector NTI primer database (.oa4)
- Plasma DNA database (.pdat)
- Comma Separated (NAME,SEQUENCE,OVERHANG)
- Tab Separated (NAME SEQUENCE OVERHANG)
- Semicolon Separated (NAME;SEQUENCE;OVERHANG)
Then select the primers from the list which you want to add to your library by selecting the checkboxes next to the Primer name.
Then choose a primer library for saving the primers to (Figure 18.104.22.168) and then click "Import." The primers will then be imported into your chosen library.
See section 1.20 for more information on Primer Libraries and how to attach primers to projects.