1.5.7 Merging and Splitting Parts
- It is possible to select regions of sequence spanning different parts and then merge them into one continuous part.
- To merge parts, select your sequence range in any view and then right click and select "Merge selected parts" from the dropdown menu (Figure 22.214.171.124) or select "Merge" from the "Edit" menu in the menu bar (Figure 126.96.36.199).
A new merged part will be created.
- It is also possible to select a single part and split into 2 parts.
- To split parts, make sure you are in the sequence view and place the caret where you would like to split the sequence.
- Then right click and select "Split part" from the dropdown menu (Figure 188.8.131.52) or select "Split" from the "Edit" menu in the menu bar (Figure 184.108.40.206)
Your original part will now be split into two new parts.