1.28.4 Analyze a RBS
- The "Analyze a RBS" task calculates the translation initiation rate (TIR) of known RBS and CDS (Figure 18.104.22.168).
This ability can be used to see the relative TIR of any RBS and CDS pair to estimate the translation rate.
- Field Descriptions:
- Pick a task field - Allows you to switch to the required task.
- RBS field - Enter the ribosome binding site (RBS) of a known CDS, or use the "Use selection" option to choose a sequence from an existing project in Genome Compiler. This can be done by selecting the upstream sequence to the start codon.
- CDS sequence field - Enter the coding sequence of the protein you wish to receive the translation initiation rate (TIR) for, or use the "Use selection" option to choose a sequence from an existing project in Genome Compiler.
- Organism field - Choose the relevant prokaryotic organism by selecting from the drop down list or by entering part of the name. This choice will change the rRNA field to the last 9 nucleotides of the 16S rRNA of this organism.